Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

This fat girl has gotta go, its time for me to be the biggest loser!!!! One of my New Years Resolution is to lose 40 lbs! I know its corny that is always a resolution for most people but I am serious. I need to lose this weight and Aaron has got me motivated. He has offered me a $2000 shopping spree when I hit this goal, and he gave me an Ipod for Christmas to enjoy my workouts. I also plan to get acrylic nails again because they make me feel pretty!

The plan is: I weigh....here it is in front of everyone.....178 lbs! When Aaron and I were dating I weighed 145 lbs. So I would like to get back to about 140 lbs or so by the earliest my birthday March 9th no later than this summer which is May. I know I can do it and I would love lots of encouragement from everyone checking in on me. I plan to blog my progress and I got myself a workout buddy, Aimee. Aimee and Aaron have to keep me going. I know my mom will check in to see if I am only eating 1/2 a sandwich...just a little joke.

I plan to start my work out as soon as I am no longer ill and I hope that will be around the 18th. I will workout three days a week consisting of a running routine that will work me up to running for 30 mins without walking along with some weight training and abdominal work. So about 2 hours on the evenings of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This will also give me time to myself away from kids....woohoo.

My next resolution is to pick up a new hobby, Photography! I am excited to learn about this and may even spend my $2000 on a new camera. I want to learn how to really capture the magic of the moment and be able to get a feeling from a photo. I know a few folks out here who already are good at this and I would love input from them and will definitely be picking their brains to teach me. I might even see if I can take a college course on photography.


2 comments:

Bobbie said...

You can do it Rachelle! I have the same goal, to lose (at least) 40 pounds during my deployment. I've lose 13 so far, and I still have four months left here. And what a great incentive, a shopping spree - I'll have to see if my husband would buy off on that, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Rachelle,
you and me both girl! I have 50 pounds to lose. I weigh 187, and I'd like to get down to 140 by the end of this year.
-Kristen