Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What’s up with the Rumsey’s?

Man I can’t believe how much time has gone by since my last blog entry (Feb) or even sending out photos on Kodak (Dec). Every time something new is going on with our family I always say I need to blog this but I just don’t have time. I guess having two kids really does keep me busy, I am always wishing I had more hours in my days. If I do get free time for myself it is spent in the gym. Anyhow, this is going to be one big entry on all of us. I have been up late many nights trying to get this out and next are all the pictures I have since Christmas. You can also catch up with us on facebook Aaron and I now have an account (I know, we always said we wouldn't). I also just realized I never sent out an update on the house Aaron built for the kids...man I am a dork here it goes. For all the videos you will want to turn off my blog music at the very bottom of the page by pausing it on the player. I also left all videos at the bottom of the posting to save me time.

Aaron: Not only am I busy but so is Aaron. I never really see him, if I do it’s during dinner, quick time with the kids, then we get the kids to bed, watch 24 (I guess this is like having a date LOL), and then we both go to bed. It’s not that we don’t want to see him; it’s a very important and busy time for him. I will take you though a week: Monday and Wednesday he’s up at 530 goes to the gym then off to work till 530pm. Comes home to eat then off to school by 7pm until 10. Tuesday and Thursday up at 530, off to the gym and work, and then home by 530. Friday same work schedule home by 530 to eat then off to softball. Saturday 7am to 12 school. Sunday church and softball. So if there is free time he is doing homework or sleeping (sometimes I make him snuggle with me because I miss him and with all his gym time he is getting so sexy). This crazy schedule is so he can finish a base project by May 1st and he has only 9 classes left to complete his bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. It is a very stressful and overwhelming time for him but he is pushing through and we just need to support him. With all his hard work running his shop he has received some air force awards; The General Jumper award, Communications electronic tech of the year for the Noncommissioned officer level at AETC (Headquarters level), and for his shop he oversees they received Maintenance work center of the year award! Lastly Aaron just tested for the rank of Master sergeant, he will find out the result in June. Hopefully we will have new rank to pin on daddy soon!!!!! Oh yeah, the tower pictures are of Aaron at work and yes he is high up, it hangs right on the edge of the mountain and yes he is hanging on the very edge of the towers.







Rachelle: As you know I am busy myself. The reason why is in January I decided to make myself a priority so that I can lose some weight. I have had some bumps in the road but I am still going at it. My last post was in Feb and I was at 165lbs, I still have at least 25lbs to go to get to 140lbs. Since then I had to change my whole workout system and had issues that kept me from starting the new system. I had to find a gym, it was my birthday in March and both my parents came to visit at different times. Lastly the kids and I had bad allergy attacks the middle of March, so I didn’t get back into the swing of things until March 19th. I have been going to the gym just about EVERYDAY, sometimes twice, for the past 6 weeks. I get time to myself free of stress and kids, it feels GREAT! I have a trainer who assist me if need be and gym daycare to watch the kids. Unfortunately I have seen no improvements in weight loss or body measurements in those 6 weeks but my strength and endurance is up. Not sure why? I do weight resistance training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday along with cardio (I can run strait for 30 mins or longer without stopping now). On Tuesday and Thursday I do 2 hours of cardio like a spin class or step. My diet per my trainer is 1400 to 1500 calories a day consisting of 126 grams of protein, 25 to 35 grams of fiber, 45% carbs, and 25% healthy fats. I also make sure I am burning as many calories I am taking in if not more. With all of this, why is nothing happening??? All my doctor, trainer and myself can say is it might be my body holding on to weight for breastfeeding (doc even told me it gets harder when you hit 30 uhg). I am not sure if I will press on even harder or just maintain my situation until I am done breastfeeding Baylor. Hopefully when I stop it will all fall off right…LOL! This seemed to be the same case when I was breastfeeding Aston. I am getting frustrated that I am not losing weight; we’ll see what happens… I kind of want to refocus on my scrapbooking and family pedigree line research. Maybe even get back into teaching Aston. I also plan to return to school if they will ever offer the last three classes I need to finish my degrees in Mathematical studies and Scientific studies. I have been waiting a long time to finish its frustrating too and a long story.



Aston: This kid is big, big, big, and big! Big in size, big in love, big on development and big on attitude lately. Ever since we brought Baylor home he has been right there with him. Loving on him, protecting him, caring for him, playing with him ECT. He likes being a big brother. He has mastered riding his bike and flying a kite, loves playing baseball and other sports, we have been working on learning colors, numbers, letters, shapes, writing and writing his name. He enjoys cooking with mommy, and helps build with daddy. His thought process and speech is becoming clearer. It is neat to see him develop and we view him as a big 4yr old but have to stop and remind ourselves that he is still just a baby at 2yrs old. He will be turning 3 in June and he knows its coming. He saw that it was daddy and mommy’s birthdays and has been asking when it will be his. He is so excited and this year will be the first year we actually do a birthday party. In the past it has just been a few family members with cake. Which I liked because they are so little anyway and I wanted him all to myself on this special day. This year we have planned a party at Chuck E. Cheese’s with friends and family. Aaron and I plan on giving him a big boy bike and the taking him to see Toy story 3 in the theater for his gifts. If anyone is looking for gift ideas for him he is really into playdoh everything, cooking play time stuff and geo tracks. This summer I have also enrolled him in tot building skill classes. He will be learning tee-ball, soccer, and gymnastics. I am sure he will have a blast learning these skills and Aaron or I will have to participate with him so it will be good time with him also. I have always wanted my little boy to play soccer, I am so excited!








This Easter we decorated eggs with him and went on a few egg hunts. One of the big hunts we went on Aston ran off on me and I could not find him for a few mins. Freaking out I screamed all over the place looking for him and the security. I finally found him playing in an inflatable obstacle course. I held him tight gave glory to God that he was back in my arms and went home. Now anytime he is out of my sight I panic. Here are Easter pictures of the boys, my one time to dress them up.




Baylor: He is six months on the 30th of this month and we will find out how much he has grown at our baby wellness appointment that day also. I will post his growth this weekend, I promise! Every time I look at this kid something new is going on with him. Both my babies are super, super fast at development its crazy. Last post on Baylor he was scooting across the floor right, well he is full out crawling, pulling up to a stand and just about to start cruzing along the furniture. I am sure he will be walking by 7 months just like Aston did. I have provided proof in case you don’t believe me….LOL! He is such a sweet loveable snuggle bug; I love this because I love to snuggle too. He has finally slept through the night at 5 months and is taking a bottle so I am getting some rest. He got his first teeth, yes teeth this week. Both bottom teeth came in at the same time, poor baby, but he handled it well. When my mom came to visit March 5th I let her give him his first taste of cereal, he did not like much but continued to take it. He is now on baby food twice a day, and is becoming very interested in what everyone is eating. He is not a picky eater as far as taste but temperature, he hates cold stuff.






Other things he is doing: gives baby kisses, is so in love with his daddy (he gets so excited when he sees Aaron), likes to follow his brother around and play with him, likes to watch Mickey mouse (a family favorite), can babble and almost say Da Da (does not associate it with daddy), is working on sitting and grabbing cheerios. Mommy has started to teach him sign language like I did with Aston (it totally works), and giving the sippy cup at try.
One last thing on Baylor, in late February his allergies got really bad and he developed or caught RSV. I know you don't get RSV through allergies, it was his allergies that acted up and then he caught RSV because he was so vulnerable from allergies. He developed a really nasty cough, unlike I have ever heard. That's how I knew something was wrong with him, other than the cough I would have never known. I guess I caught it early and he only need antibiotics and a nebulizer for breathing treatments. Poor baby boy.



Events as a family: Aaron and I just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary! For our fifth year anniversary we plan to take an exotic trip to the Bahamas or likewise. We are having a blast with this marriage and family that time has gone by so fast. We are still very much in love and have big plans for this family this year. Our song Savin’ Me by Nickelback is on this blog you might hear it when you read this posting or you can choose to listen to it. When you do I hope you can see why it is our song; the choirs “show me what it’s like to be the last one standing, and teach me wrong from right and I’ll show you what I can be, say for me, say it to me, and I’ll leave this life behind me, say it if it’s worth savin’ me.” This is engraved in our wedding rings and means so much to us, it’s being saved and loved by Christ and we build our marriage on him. We hold each other to show the way, the truth and the life and the way God meant for a loving marriage to be. Aaron and I also met each other during very very dark times in our lives; we saved each other from that, God brought us together.


This summer we are looking into two big changes for our family. First we are ready to leave AZ and see what God has planned for us elsewhere. So Aaron will be updating his base/job assignment listing to see if we are given a new assignment. Second we are planning on selling our Jeep to buy a larger vehicle for our growing family. We are looking into vans for the space, entertainment accessories, and something not so big on gas. Aaron has come around to see that we need the room and that his plan of driving two cars everywhere is not the best way to go about getting family around. We travel a lot and have a lot of family come to visit us. I think next is a bigger house…LOL!!!! That just might happen if we move. We will still keep/rent out our house in AZ so we don’t lose out on money by selling it. I know for some of you this is sad news that you knew would come someday knowing we are military. Please pray for us as we discover our way.


The rest of the year will depend on if we get orders or not. In October we plan to go back to my hometown for the Balloon fiesta and FOOD. We both love this time in Albuquerque and try to attend every year. We also love sharing this with our kids; it is very special to see so many balloons so close. Last year we almost went on our first balloon ride together but the weather did not permit us. I have also gotten Aaron hooked on the food, chili and ooooooohhhhhh DIONS! This is also a great time to see family and friends of mine. There are a few new additions that I am excited to meet; my friends Kimberly and Nikki just had little babies that I can’t wait to love on! I also hope to see my cousin Missy and her kids; it’s been way too long. I also had a friend that suffered a big loss this year that I hope to see and give a big hug as well. Lastly of course I am always ready to see my family and love on my daddy.


Then in November we plan to go to Aaron’s hometown in Mendota, IL for the holidays. I enjoy seeing his family and friends to really see his roots. I have taken a liking to Chicago, the bears, and may want us to end up there someday? So I want to check out the cold weather, a Bears football game and Christmas scenery. Maybe even see two of my old friends in IL, Bonita and Cat Clark. I have also been working on my family history/pedigree chart and want to get input from his family to start the research from his side of the family. We also have a new little member that needs to meet them so it will be nice to get out there for the holiday.


We will then plan to be home for the next few months until our anniversary! If we do get orders we always said that before we left AZ that we would make a trip to Vegas and Mexico….we’ll see what happens.





Baby kisses



Playing with Baylor



Baylor's first time crawling



Baylor standing



Aston riding his bike


Dancing with Aston

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica said...
Well, my goodness! No wonder it took you such a long time to post that! So much news and so very exciting. I was bummed to read you will be leaving - God is good, though. He will direct you right where He wants you. :)

April 28, 2010 6:45 PM

Monica said...

Oh, I almost forgot to say - LOVE his playhouse! That is awesome!

Elissa Hill said...

Love Love Love Aston's New Playhouse! He did a great job on building it! And ha Ha! Love the Dancing Video, and Baylor is growing quick!

Kimberly said...

Well, It's obvious he didn't get his dancin genes from Oma and Opa or Rachelle for that matter......who could it be :)
You look great honey, your such a beautiful girl inside and out.