Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weight update week 1

I weigh 170 lbs!!!!
I have done my first full week of diet and exercise and I am seeing results. Now keep in mind I was sick so I started out my week at 175 and ended up at 170. I am also measuring areas on my body and they too have lost inches. So I lost 5lbs this week but total I have lost 8!!! woo hoo

I have an awesome web page that I am using to track my calories in and out its called the daily plate. Its totally free, user friendly, lots of help and fun. Check it out. Thanks Floyd for this great idea.

Also an update on my illness; It turns out that this whole thing started from a breast feeding infection I got a few weeks after Baylor was born. Apparently the antibiotics used for that infection killed off the good bacteria that lives in your GI track. So bad bacteria built up in me causing my pains and worse. I then got another infection in my colon because of the off balance of bacteria which is what sent me to the ER a few times. There they gave me more antibiotics, again killing the infection but making things worse for the bacteria issue. I finally saw a GI specialist and he fixed me up right off the bat. He knew instantly what was going on, put me on new meds and told me to build back up the good bacteria with Activia yogurt for two weeks. As of now I seem to be back to normal but the doc said that this is a sensitive issue and it could come back. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks to 6 months to fully cure this off balance.

No comments: